Are you spiritually hungry? Ready to be fully nourished by a welcoming spiritual community? If you desire to discover your own unique Divinity and deepen your relationship with your Higher Power, UnityCR is the spiritual home for you.
Unity Center of Cedar Rapids is a center for positive, practical Christianity. Our mission is to provide spiritual awareness and share the wonder and joy of God’s love. With every service, we endeavor to provide an experience of Spirit, blessing you with the awareness that God is within.
Our spiritual community is a mighty magnet, attracting people from near and far who are ready for a message of Truth—that our divine inheritance is one of wholeness, abundance and happiness. Please join us soon for classes, meditation services or Sunday morning services.
A longtime UnityCR congregant, Rev. brenda received her ministerial education at Unity Institute in Lee’s Summit, Missouri. She was licensed by the school and ordained by the Association of Unity Churches in June 2005. Rev. brenda has served our spiritual community since September 2007. Her passion in ministry is to awaken, enlighten and inspire through Sunday messages, teaching classes and spiritual counseling. Her ministry is about calling people higher.
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees of Unity Center of Cedar Rapids is dedicated to a consciousness of the highest and best good for UnityCR. Our leaders are deeply invested in creating a spiritual community that is dedicated to Principle and to our mission. Our trustees are active advocates and liaisons for our Ministry Teams. Our Board of Trustees is about the business of shared leadership. All congregants are welcome to attend monthly board meetings. From left to right in the photo:
- Don Epley, Trustee
- Glady McMellor, Trustee
- Jim Greene, Secretary
- Rev. brenda ehret, Senior Minister
- Joshua Haun, Vice President
- Paula Land, President
- Jim Healy, Prosperity Chair/Treasurer
- Beth Parker, Assistant Prosperity Chair
Licensed Unity Leaders
UnityCR is blessed to have three Licensed Unity Leaders in Janith Griffith (left), Susan Liddell (center) and Barb Buchanan (right). They are the first in UnityCR's history to achieve this distinction, which requires completing the 250 course credit Personal Development portion of Spiritual Enrichment Education (SEE) classes, 120 course credits of Leadership Development classes and a yearlong practicum at UnityCR. Each licensed leader has a specific passion and area of responsibility. Janith serves as Prayer Teams Leader and Healthy Congregations Facilitator. Susan serves as Ministry Team Support and Healthy Congregations Facilitator. Barb serves as Prayer Chaplain Program Coordinator and Trainer. All three teach adult education classes. For more information about the Licensed Unity Leader/Teacher program, see Unity Institute.
As of the beginning of September, I am returning from my first sabbatical--a time of rest, relaxation and spiritual renewal. During the month of August, all of our activities continued. That's because we have a stellar leadership team, office administrator and volunteer force. My heart is grateful for the consciousness and loving dedication of our spiritual commUnity!
As we head into the fall season at UnityCR, our activities reflect a change in seasons. Our class schedule ramps up, so be sure to check our e-news and our Google calendar for current news. We'll cater to feeding Spirit, Mind and Body with a class slate that includes prosperity consciousness, yoga and other Unity teachings.
UnityCR exists to support YOU in living an experience of Spirit. All of our activities are geared toward this intention. Our leadership endeavors, classes, small group ministries and, of course, Sunday services all occur with our mission in mind: To provide spiritual awareness and share the wonder and joy of God's love.
Come on in to Unity. You are always welcome. Your presence is important, and it makes a difference!
Ministry Team Leaders
UnityCR has committed leaders who are dedicated to developing and leading the following Ministry Teams. If you are interested in getting involved in one of the following ministries, please contact us:
• Sacred Grounds and Books Ministry provides resources and an environment for camaraderie, education and enrichment.
• Welcoming Ministry recognizes God’s presence in everyone and connects UnityCR’s spiritual community.
• Audio/Video Ministry provides audio/video support for live events and creates recordings for broadcast and historical documentation.
• Music Ministry joyfully shares God’s spirit through music.
• Marketing and Media Ministry promotes UnityCR and our activities.
• Love Offering Counter Ministry counts, blesses and safeguards the love offering.
• Building and Grounds Ministry maintains and improves our building and grounds and demonstrates UnityCR’s Earth Care Covenant.
• Prayer Team Ministry activates and maintains the prayer consciousness through a variety of prayer practices (prayer box, prayer room, online prayer tree, prayer phone line, personal visits, cards, meditation).
• Prayer Chaplain Ministry creates an active prayer consciousness through wellness calls, home and hospital visits, and one-on-one prayer before and after Sunday services.
• Social Action/Outreach Ministry builds a bridge between UnityCR and the greater community while doing good work.
• Brunch Ministry builds community by working together to prepare and serve food after Sunday services.
• Youth and Family Ministry provides a safe place of love and acceptance where our children and teens explore their oneness with God.